Adding to our Australian tea collection we are bringing back one of the most easy drinking green teas in our catalogue following an excellent 2020/21 harvest from Arakai Estate.
Arakai Estate 2020/21 Premium Green is one of those teas you could drink and enjoy throughout the day. It is a rich, semi-sweet tea that is smooth on the palate. It has a distinct butteriness making for a soothing and delicious brew.
2018 Golden Leaf Awards
- Gold - Arakai Estate 2017/18 Spring Flush Black (Best Australian Black Tea)
- Gold - Arakai Estate 2017/18 Spring Flush Green Tea (Best Australian Green Tea)
- Bronze - Arakai Estate 2017/18 Spring Flush Green (Green Tea Worldwide)
2018 Royal Hobart Fine Food Awards
- Reserve Champion - 2017/18 Autumn Black Tea
- Silver - 2017/18 Autumn Black Tea (Australian Black Camellia Sinensis)
- Bronze - 2017/18 Spring Flush Green Tea (Australian Green Camellia Sinensis)
- Bronze - 2016/17 Premium Black Tea (Australian Black Camellia Sinensis)
2017 Golden Leaf Awards
- Gold - Arakai Estate 2016 Spring Flush Premium Black (Best Australian Black Tea)
- Gold - Arakai Estate 2016 Spring Flush Premium Green (Worldwide Green Tea)
- Gold - Arakai Estate 2016 Spring Flush Premium Green (Best Australian Green Tea)
Origin: Bellthorpe, QLD, Australia
Flavour profile: Semi-sweet | Bamboo | Vegetable
Harvest: Blended from late Spring (September) 2020, Summer and Autumn harvests.
Cultivar: The majority of the plantation is made up of Japanese varietals; Yabukita & Sayamakaori with smaller numbers of Meirokyu, Yutakamidori, Fushin & Okumidori.
Tea Maker: Brendon Collins
Arakai Estate is located in the beautiful Conondale Ranges in South-East Queensland. Bellthorpe has a mild, subtropical climate, with high rainfall and fertile, slightly acidic soil perfectly suited to growing the Japanese tea cultivars. Cooler temperatures are experienced overnight and during the winter.
Elevation: 500m – 600m
Arakai Estate 2020/21 Premium Green tea is deliciously sweet balanced against distinct vegetable, bamboo and nut flavours. It is rich and smooth on the palate with a distinct butteriness making for a soothing and delicious brew.
For those that enjoy drinking tea in a large mug this tea is perfect for this and it can be enjoyed at anytime of day.
This tea pairs well with breakfast foods and slightly salted foods. Try this tea with soft scrambled eggs and toast.
Leaf appearance: Long wiry loosely rolled leaf with even green, brown and red colouring.
Aroma: A semi-sweet aroma with notes of vegetable and bamboo.
Liquor colour: Pale yellow