Arakai Estate’s premium black tea is a firm favourite amongst our customers. We have been delighted by the 2019/20 harvest that exhibits great texture and weight.
Processed from the second picking of the 2019/20 harvest. This results in a semi-sweet tea with malty notes of spice and wood.
Arakai Estate premium black tea makes an excellent choice for a single-estate breakfast tea but can be enjoyed at any time of the day. We feel that once you have tried this black tea it will become a staple in your tea cupboard.
2018 Golden Leaf Awards
- Gold - Arakai Estate 2017/18 Spring Flush Black (Best Australian Black Tea)
- Gold - Arakai Estate 2017/18 Spring Flush Green Tea (Best Australian Green Tea)
- Bronze - Arakai Estate 2017/18 Spring Flush Green (Green Tea Worldwide)
2018 Royal Hobart Fine Food Awards
- Reserve Champion - 2017/18 Autumn Black Tea
- Silver - 2017/18 Autumn Black Tea (Australian Black Camellia Sinensis)
- Bronze - 2017/18 Spring Flush Green Tea (Australian Green Camellia Sinensis)
- Bronze - 2016/17 Premium Black Tea (Australian Black Camellia Sinensis)
2017 Golden Leaf Awards
- Gold - Arakai Estate 2016 Spring Flush Premium Black (Best Australian Black Tea)
- Gold - Arakai Estate 2016 Spring Flush Premium Green (Worldwide Green Tea)
- Gold - Arakai Estate 2016 Spring Flush Premium Green (Best Australian Green Tea)
Origin: Bellthorpe, QLD, Australia
Flavour profile: Malt | Spice | Wood
Harvest: Blended from late Spring (September) 2019, Summer and Autumn harvests.
Cultivar: The majority of the plantation is made up of Japanese varietals; Yabukita & Sayamakaori with smaller numbers of Meirokyu, Yutakamidori, Fushin & Okumidori.
Tea Master: Brendon Collins
Arakai Estate is located in the beautiful Conondale Ranges in South-East Queensland. Bellthorpe has a mild, subtropical climate, with high rainfall and fertile, slightly acidic soil perfectly suited to growing the Japanese tea cultivars. Cooler temperatures are experienced overnight and during the winter.
Elevation: 500m – 600m
Arakai Estate's premium black is deliciously rounded and malty. This aromatic black tea has notes of cinnamon, wood and malt that combine to produce a long lasting semi-sweet finish.
Arakai Estate premium black pairs well with most breakfast foods, breads and buttery desserts. Try this tea with crusty sourdough with butter or with a sweet & savoury seeded loaf.
Leaf appearance: Tippy, long elongated leaf with dark brown-black appearance.
Aroma: Notes of cinnamon and malt with a subtle woodsy-floral bouquet creating a sweet aroma.
Liquor colour: Brilliant red.